Error Code E042 is a CU BSA Down Platform fault, this is a communication error between the CU and the BSA on the A side. This error can be caused by a battery with low voltage (or an older battery with high internal resistance). This error is more commonly due to another issue within the machine that is preventing one of the two from communicating to each other at the time of start up. What you should do is try swapping the battery positions within this unit (front to rear and rear to front) to see if the error is the same or different. If it's different then most likely the issue is battery related and you should check the battery you moved from the rear to the front position. If the error is the same after swapping then most likely the issue is within the chassis and the unit should be returned to us due to the parts that are involved are not level 2 replaceable parts.
To unlock the Beginner Setting:
1. Power on the Segway PT.
2. Press and hold the Beginner Button and the Information Display Button simultaneously for more than 10 seconds. The Information Display button will flash.
3. Make sure the PT has not entered Balance Mode [this is when the unit is standing up straight ready to ride. In balance mode, if you let go, it will move forward on its own, trying to stay upright . Avoid this by keeping the Segway tilted forward or backward so that it is not balanced].
4. Confirm that the Beginner icon (turtle) toggles when the Beginner button is tapped. Once the Beginner Setting is unlocked, you can toggle the Beginner Setting on or off by tapping the Beginner button.
To lock the Beginner Setting
1. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 above.
2. Confirm that the Beginner icon (turtle) is showing on the InfoKey Display.
3. Test the lock by tapping the Beginner button and confirming that the Beginner icon remains showing in the InfoKey Display