To unlock the Beginner Setting:
1. Power on the Segway PT.
2. Press and hold the Beginner Button and the Information Display Button simultaneously for more than 10 seconds. The Information Display button will flash.
3. Make sure the PT has not entered Balance Mode [this is when the unit is standing up straight ready to ride. In balance mode, if you let go, it will move forward on its own, trying to stay upright . Avoid this by keeping the Segway tilted forward or backward so that it is not balanced].
4. Confirm that the Beginner icon (turtle) toggles when the Beginner button is tapped. Once the Beginner Setting is unlocked, you can toggle the Beginner Setting on or off by tapping the Beginner button.
To lock the Beginner Setting
1. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 above.
2. Confirm that the Beginner icon (turtle) is showing on the InfoKey Display.
3. Test the lock by tapping the Beginner button and confirming that the Beginner icon remains showing in the InfoKey Display